Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2018

"I go to prepare a place for you."


This morning, “I go to prepare a place for you” is in my head. It is found in John 14. 

John 14 King James Version (KJV)
14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
   
I’m leaning toward the notion that this may tie to my thoughts yesterday about pitching in Rephidim. (I may blog that study at a later point.) 
   John 14 is usually interpreted to mean that Jesus is building a place in heaven. Could it refer also to kingdom living here on earth? 
   If John 14:1-3 can indeed refer to kingdom living, then I could infer that Jesus is preparing something for me and coming to meet up with me at that place.
   If this is true, then what is my response? How do I prepare? It’s always safe to start with prayer.
   Heavenly Father, I thank You that You sent Jesus to prepare a place for me (put in your name or anyone else's). Please guide me (or him or her) with Your Holy Spirit to do Your will when I (or he or she) get(s) to that situation. I ask in Jesus’ precious name, amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment