Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Muddy Skye

I just finished my fourth screenplay: Muddy Skye. I'd been wanting to write a nursing home thriller for some time. I put it to paper (or rather, wrote it on my laptop) in about a week. Having a deadline for a competition helps me get to "fade out."

Now it's time to get back to exercising and eating right and oh, yeah, family.

At first, I joked that I was "selling out" by switching to a thriller and away from Biblical epics. When I read the first drafts, however, I realize once again that I can't help teaching, no matter what I'm doing.

I had my Truby 22 steps before me the whole time. This makes for a format that might be cookbook, but by using the tools for good structure, it helps hit all of the beats. I've read writing coaches who say you should get 5 or 6 scripts done before you look for an agent. If that is true, then I'm that much closer.

It also gets me that much closer to making Jeremiah (The Last of the Kings) a reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment